Monday, June 4, 2012

Eetlust!!

The moment during PMS makes me want to eat a LOT!
I've been dreaming of eating many kinds of foods, but lately I want fish.
I got the Mr. Fishy, it's a pack of a group of baby fish. However, I haven't cooked them until now.
They are still relaxing themselves in my fridge.
All I've cooked are beef and shrimps. I cooked them in the slight same way though.
First the beef. We call the meal "Daging Tuturuga". The spices are basically, as I know, for cooking sea turtle but since I don't eat one and I only got the beef so I tried to cook it. Here are the spices:
Turmeric (2 cm)
Pepper (1 tsp)
Salt (1 tsp)
Chili (5 pcs)
Coconut milk (100 ml)
Coconut oil (2 tbsp)
Lime leaves (2 leaves, minced)
Ginger (2 cm)
Beef (200 gr)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Red onion (2 cloves)
Hazelnut (4 cloves)
Potatoes (1, if you use the big one)
Water (500 ml)

How to cook:
  • Cut the beef and potatoes into dices then put them in a bowl.
  • Roast the hazelnuts for about 1 minute.
  • Grind hazelnuts, ginger, turmeric, chili, onion, garlic and pepper together.
  • Heat the oil on a pan, then put the seasoning that you've ground and the lime leaves.
  • Stir it until it smells good, then put the beef.
  • Stir the beef until it looks pale, then pour the water. Keep stirring the beef until the water is boiled.
  • Pour the coconut milk and stir. Wait until it's boiled again.
  • Put in the potatoes and wait until it's boiled again and the beef is soft enough.
  • Serve it on a bowl.
Note: 
You can add more water if you feel the beef is not soft and well-cooked yet.
There you go, the "Daging Tuturuga". So bad that I did not take a picture of it; but, it tastes pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment